High Five for the Assembly Rooms
2017 marks 230 years of Assembly Rooms but also five years since the extensive refurbishment that restored its elegant Georgian architecture and sparkling chandeliers.
It has since gone from strength to strength thanks to its new-found versatility, welcoming everything from conferences, award ceremonies and industry showcases including Doosan Global Business Forum, Engage, Invest, Exploit (EIE) showcase and Pride of Edinburgh Awards, to filming for STV’s 2015 Election leaders’ debate and X Factor judge’s auditions, Edinburgh Festival performances and even Chris Hoy’s Freedom of the City ceremony held in our Music Hall.
Shona Clelland, Cultural Venues Development Manager at the CEC, comments: “The refurbishment was intended to breathe new life into Assembly Rooms, preserving its unique history while ensuring it met the demands of modern events. Five years on, the investment is paying dividends and we’re welcoming a diverse and growing client base.”
To find out more about spectacular multi-purpose event venue, please visit the website.
- Taste of Scotland Mother’s Day Menu
- Blog: Winton Castle’s common sense approach to sustainability
- Mother’s Day Cocktails at Kaleidoscope Bar
- Memories with mum on the Royal Mile
- Corporate Event Planning in Edinburgh – Top tips from Mansfield Traquair
- The Signet Library launches university graduation ball offering