Privacy & Cookies
Unique Venues of Edinburgh is firmly committed to protecting the information we gather that identifies you as an individual (your personal information). We have developed this privacy notice to give you all the details you need about how we process your personal information, why we process it and the steps we take to keep it secure. We may update this privacy notice and we recommend you check this page regularly. The current notice is effective from 23 of May 2018.
You do not need to share all of the information outlined below, but there may be some of our services you cannot use to a full extent if you choose to withhold information.
Unique Venues of Edinburgh provides clients with a “one-stop shop” for finding the finest venues in Edinburgh and the Lothians.
Contact details for Unique Venues of Edinburgh:
You can contact us by email email@example.com
If you would like to speak to someone about your personal information and its use, please contact our data protection lead contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information directly from you and in ways you would expect when you interact with Unique Venues of Edinburgh:
- when you complete our enquiry forms
- when you become one of our clients and use our members’ venue space
- when you contact us by email, by phone, by post or in person to make an enquiry, for example, to view the space, receive a quote or access information
- when you enter one of our competitions
The Personal information we collect
Our website has an email sign up form and enquiry form for users.
Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings from us or completely remove their details from our databases. Our email marketing enables subscribers the opportunity to opt-out of receiving email marketing from us.
We only collect personal information that is necessary to meet our business needs as a leading venue space provider and to provide you with the services you have requested.
Information automatically logged
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. We also collect information with regard to referrers and exit points to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website.
Enquiry forms, Newsletter and Competitions
When you make an enquiry or enter a competition through our website, we will normally collect:
- Your name
- Contact details (address, telephone number and email)
- Information related to your enquiry
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information from you where we have a valid legal basis for doing so, such as legal obligations or when you have given your consent.
When you give us your clear consent for such processing, we use your personal information to:
- send you quarterly newsletters
- enter you in competitions
Legitimate interests and legal obligations
We also use the information you provide for a number of legitimate purposes and to comply with legal obligations we may have. We carefully balance our business interests against your interests as an individual.
- We take steps to combat fraud and credit risk
- We ensure the security of our information systems
- We respond to and record enquiries when you contact us
- We deliver and improve our customer service to you
- We undertake research to understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and business growth. For this research, we use anonymised data that does not identify you as an individual.
How we share your personal information
Your personal information may be stored, shared or accessed internationally through Campaign Monitor. We only use data processors offering contracts guaranteeing data protection to the European standard and/or complying within the EU-USA Privacy Shield framework.
Managing the personal information that we hold about you
We want to give you control over the personal information we hold about you. You have the option to unsubscribe from our contact lists using the ‘unsubscribe’ links in the emails we send to you. You can let us know directly if you wish to unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com with the subject ‘unsubscribe’.
Cookies are very small files that are stored on your computer when you visit most websites. They are sent back and forth between the website’s server and your Internet browser to allow the website to remember actions you’ve made.
Most Internet browsers allow users to control the acceptance of cookies via the browser’s settings. Visit allaboutcookies.org to find out how to configure these settings on a number of major browsers.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
You can also opt out of cookies gathering non-essential data on our website in the ‘Cookie settings’ option of our cookie pop-up.
Our primary systems, including Campaign Monitor and UK Dedicated, use secure servers and comply with European data protection standards. Our own secure system ensures that your personal information stays personal.
We will only retain information for as long as is necessary for our business purposes and to meet our legal obligations. Generally, we will retain records related to our event clients for a minimum of seven years in order to comply with our auditing requirements. Should you wish to be removed from our marketing lists, we will have to retain a minimum amount of information about you to fully comply with your request.
Your choices and rights
You can make choices and exercise your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to be informed about how we process your personal information.
- You have the right to withdraw consent.
- You have the right to object to our processing your personal information for reasons of our legitimate interests. We will respond to your objections insofar as we are able, except where to do so may pose a risk to our company.
- You have the right to correct your personal information. The easiest way to ensure your information is accurate is to update us of any changes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information.
- You can request that we delete your personal information in a number of specific circumstances, such as when you withdraw consent, successfully object to our processing or the information we have gathered is no longer required for the purpose we collected it for.
- You have the right to obtain your personal information and reuse it across other services.
You can request to see full details of the personal information that Unique Venues of Edinburgh holds about you. In order to initiate a request, please send us a description of the information you would like to access by emailing our data protection lead at email@example.com.
If you would like to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk.
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.