Escape the theatrics and unwind at Winton House
During the Edinburgh Festival the population of Edinburgh more than doubles as visitors flock to the centre to absorb as much history, culture and art as possible. Don’t burn out from all the excitement. Relief from the festival madness is only a 20 minute drive away in the heart of the East Lothian countryside. Visit Winton House where calm and relaxation are guaranteed at no extra cost.
Winton’s specialist Afternoon Tea has been developed using award winning local home bakers. Tantalise your taste buds with sumptuous sweet and savoury delicacies, strawberries from the Walled Garden and a chilled glass of Prosecco. The Afternoon Tea is served from the finest bone china and crystal, set against the backdrop of either the grand 400 year old Drawing Room or ornate Library.
Enjoy a genteel game of croquet on the croquet lawn or simply wander the gardens, sunshade in hand. Afternoon Tea can be enhanced with a glass of fruity summer Pimms or even combined with a champagne or wine tasting.
What a way to spend an afternoon away from the feisty festival atmosphere and still have a day to remember.
- Unique Meeting Rooms in Edinburgh
- National Museum of Scotland Goes Live with Google Arts & Culture
- Scottish Dining Experiences at Mansfield Traquair
- Special Menu Offer at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Preparing for the summer season at The Botanics
- Signet Library Launches its Spring/Summer Canapé and Drinks Collection