The Royal Yacht Britannia - Admiral’s Whisky Tasting Evening
The Admiral’s Cabin on board Britannia was where the Rear Admiral would meet with his Top Ranking Officers and plan the Yacht’s route when in Royal Service. For the first time, Britannia is opening up his cabin to guests, enabling them to enjoy a private Whisky Tasting in relaxed surroundings. Britannia’s former Rear Admiral, Sir Robert Woodard, entertained many VIPs in his cabin, enjoying a dram with them, and this was his way of sharing Scotch Whisky around the world.
Guests arrive along the private quayside where they are greeted with the sight of majestic Britannia. A red carpet welcome awaits, before coming aboard via the Royal Brow, the entrance previously reserved for The Queen and Royal Family.
A highlights tour follows where a personal guide will give a unique insight into the history of the Royal Yacht and how the Royal Family and crew lived and worked on board.
The tutored Whisky Tasting will then take place in The Admiral’s Cabin. Relax and enjoy the ambience while savouring 3 different drams. Guests will enjoy hearing from Britannia’s Whisky Expert as he talks through the flavour profiles of each Whisky and the five steps to appreciating Scotch Whisky.
The Tasting includes the following drams:
- Johnnie Walker Blue Label
- Johnnie Walker Blue Label King George V
- John Walker & Sons Odyssey
Each guest will be presented with an official Glencairn Whisky glass, complete with an engraved Britannia crest as a memento of their evening aboard.
This exclusive experience is limited to 8 guests.
For more information, please make an enquiry or contact our Events Team on +44 (0)131 555 8800.
- Ask the expert: Head of Events at Scotch Whisky Experience
- COMPETITION: Win a High Flyer Membership at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Celebrate Burns night at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Edinburgh Castle unveils refurbished Queen Anne Room
- SCOTCH MALT WHISKY SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP MAKES A DRAM FINE CHRISTMAS GIFT
- Giant Lanterns of China at Edinburgh Zoo