Christmas Trail at The Botanics
The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh will host a magical botanical outdoor trail of light this festive season.
The one mile long illuminated trail will wind it’s way through the world famous Garden providing a magical experience after dark and fun for all the family. Visit the Gardens between 24 November – 30 December to enjoy the sights on the trail:
- Fire Garden Prepare to be mesmerised by the hypnotic beauty of the flickering Fire Garden, a circular carpet of dancing flames.
- Choir of Trees Enjoy the sights and sounds of a woodland grove of ‘singing’ conifers.
- Crystal Lawn Walk through the enchanting lawn lit by a thousand spheres of light.
- Beech Hedge Pause at the magnificent beech hedge illuminated by flashes of sparkling light.
- Santa Claus Look out for Santa and be sure to give him and his elves a wave!
- Festive Fare Enjoy spiced cider, mulled wine or hot chocolate whilst the aroma of roasting chestnuts fills the air. Gather to toast marshmallows and enjoy other traditional fare before browsing the Garden’s festive gift shop.
The event runs from Friday 24 November to Saturday 30 December (closed 27, 28, 29 Nov and 4, 5, 11, 12 and 25 Dec). There are 11 entry times to start the trail, every 20 minutes from 4.40pm (last entry 8pm). The Garden will close at 10pm on event nights.
This is an evening event that takes place after the Garden closes. It is an outdoor trail and does not include entry into the Glasshouses. Keep cosy by wearing warm and waterproof clothing and footwear
Advances ticket prices are £14/£10 for children. To book your tickets or for more information please visit The Botanics website.