Spotlight On: James Maynard from Winton House
Since James joined Winton House as General Manager more than three years ago, the exclusive use venue in East Lothian has gone from strength to strength, hosting a royal garden party for the Duchess of Rothesay in June.
James originally comes from a luxury retail and hospitality background. His previous badges include coffee roaster, events, stadia (Wembley Stadium), livery halls, luxury retail in Knightsbridge (Harrods), and luxury hospitality in Palm Beach America (The Breakers Beach Resort and Spa).
At The Royal Institution of Great Britain, James worked his magic in the busy world of Mayfair in London managing bespoke events and hospitality for the public. These included high profile, inspirational events for the Queen, Prince Charles, Tony Blair, Bill Clinton and Bill Gates.
James originally has roots in Leeds in Yorkshire, then moved to Surrey where school and The University Of Surrey beckoned with a degree in Retail and Hospitality Management.
James fell in love with Scotland and Winton when looking for a wedding venue for his Scottish fiancée, Suzanne. The vacancy for a General Manager came up shortly afterwards. The rest is history….!
- Informal Weddings at Winton Castle
- Assembly Rooms Announces Alternative Peers Ball
- A Creative Christmas Party at Winton Castle
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society wins AA Restaurant of the Year Scotland
- Christmas and Seasonal Bookings at Edinburgh Zoo
- Experience the magic of Edinburgh’s Festive Season at the Signet Library.