Guided Whisky Experience at Mary King's Close
Experience a dram tasting like to no other at The Real Mary King’s Close this May. To celebrate International Whisky Month, we’ve teamed up with local whisky experts and retailers – Jeffrey Street Whisky.
Expect a crafted and unique whisky tasting tour in the heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town. Discover the secrets of Edinburgh’s illicit stills, and delve into the history of our national drink as you explore over 400 years of whisky production in Scotland.
Learn about the origins of the ‘usque baugh’ and why Mary King’s Close was at the centre of a thriving and bustling trade. Follow in the footsteps of a former resident as you journey back in time, and explore the rooms, streets, and spaces underneath Edinburgh’s famous Royal Mile.
A truly unique Edinburgh whisky experience for just £35pp.
- Late night 1.5 hour guided experience.
- Expert tasting and nosing guidance.
- 5 drams of whisky.
Take in the aromas, become a nosing expert, and try a range of exclusive and specially selected whiskies from across Scotland.
The tour will run every Friday and Saturday in May 2019.
- Tour start time: 9.30 pm
- Tour end time: 11 pm
- Price: £35pp
To book this unique whisky experience, please visit the venue website.
- Indulge Yourselves in an Afternoon Tea at Newbattle Abbey
- Dundas Castle Winter Wedding Discount
- Lucas Ice Cream Family Day at Musselburgh Racecourse
- Llamas are Looking for Love at Dundas Castle
- New General Manager, Linkon Axon, Brings Royal Expectations to Winton Castle
- Old Curiosity Gin Tour at Real Mary King’s Close