The Castle of Light at Edinburgh Castle
Expect wonder, enchantment and a spectacle of colour this festive season as Edinburgh Castle, the defender of the nation, becomes the Castle of Light.
Follow in the footsteps of Scotland’s heroes and be welcomed by stunning visuals and state of the art lighting installations. Watch as the history of this iconic landmark illuminates the very walls that saw it unfold. A magical experience for the whole family – prepare to be dazzled!
Throughout the castle’s illustrious history of memorable events, Castle of Light is a historic first as no major public event has been hosted within the walls of the castle after dark.
If you wish to purchase tickets, please visit the Edinburgh Castle website.
Looking for your own unique event venue?
Situated in a stunning location on the Castle Rock with unrivalled views over the City of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Castle is Scotland’s most famous landmark and is available for hire for exclusive corporate and private events. To find out more or to begin planning your event at Edinburgh Castle, please complete an enquiry form.
Alternatively, explore our other member venues using our quick search tool and discover the perfect space for your next event.
- Green shoots of recovery cultivate job opportunities at The Botanics
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art’s Modern Two to reopen with landmark show
- Welcome back to National Museums Scotland
- Welcome back to Edinburgh Castle
- After Hours summer events return to Edinburgh Zoo
- Grounds at Hopetoun House to reopen