Signet Library Launches its Spring/Summer Canapé and Drinks Collection
In celebration of the changing seasons, a stunning drinks reception was held at the Signet Library to showcase the new Spring/Summer canapé collection.
Inspired by the plethora of books and stories in the library, the event design team used Frances Hodgson Burnett’s classic ‘The Secret Garden’ to create an enchanting atmosphere with a selection of wild flora, rich linens and soft violet lighting to take guests to another world.
Using the very best of seasonal produce, the new menu is focused on and inspired by the ingredients. Presented in a quirky but welcoming way, the delicious new menu is perfect for any event.
Steeped in history, The Signet Library is an impressive building. Described by King George IV as “the finest drawing room in Europe” the building was finished in 1822 to a design by the architect Robert Reid, famous also for designing the Bank of Scotland building in Edinburgh as well as for being the last King’s architect in Scotland in 1840. As then, The Signet Library is still owned by The Society of Writers to Her Majesty’s Signet (known as the WS Society) – a society of solicitors who, like their predecessors, cherish and guard the building for future generations.
- November offer at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery
- Heritage for All at Castle of Light Inclusive Evening
- Autumn Craft Events at Riddle’s Court
- Christmas at Newbattle event
- Christmas menu launched at The Scotch Whisky Experience’s Amber Restaurant
- Dundas Castle launches new outdoor ceremony space, Castle View