High 5 for Edinburgh Castle as it wins top travel award
Edinburgh Castle has won ‘Best Heritage Attraction’ at the prestigious British Travel Awards (BTAs) for a staggering fifth time.
The award is decided by members of the public and was announced at the BTA Gala Awards Dinner this week (27 November) in London.
Last year over 2 million people visited Edinburgh Castle, making it Scotland’s number one paid-for visitor attraction.
Edinburgh Castle Executive Manager, Nick Finnigan, said:
“We are incredibly proud to win this prestigious award for the fifth time and very grateful to all our visitors who voted. Their support is a huge vote of confidence to our hardworking and professional staff at Edinburgh Castle. This recognition comes after another year of record-breaking visitor numbers who all come to the castle to enjoy its fascinating history and its unbeatable views of the city.”
The British Travel Awards are considered the benchmark for excellence when it comes to finding the best in the travel industry. The British Travel Awards is an independent organisation, verified by leading global business practitioners, Deloitte.
- November offer at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery
- Heritage for All at Castle of Light Inclusive Evening
- Autumn Craft Events at Riddle’s Court
- Christmas at Newbattle event
- Christmas menu launched at The Scotch Whisky Experience’s Amber Restaurant
- Dundas Castle launches new outdoor ceremony space, Castle View