The Hub Recruiting a new Head of Sales
Edinburgh’s iconic Royal Mile venue, the Hub, is recruiting a new Head of Sales. Reporting into the General Manager, the successful candidate will be part of the commercial team to ensure the sales team achieve the annual budget.
Managing a team of two Sales Coordinators, as the Head of Event Sales you must be focused, energetic, enthusiastic and highly professional. The role is a key linchpin between all departments at the venue.
This historic, Grade A listed building forms an integral part of the architectural fabric of Edinburgh and offers a truly unique and spectacular space for a variety of events, including conferences, banquets, weddings, educational workings and exhibitions. The location means it’s also home to a busy café on in Central Edinburgh and can also be hired exclusively for dinners, private parties, Christmas parties and group bookings.
This key appointment as Head of Event Sales reports into the General Manager and as part of the commercial team the role will ensure the sales team achieve the annual budget through effective enquiry handling.
Managing a team of two Sales Coordinators the Head of Event Sales must be focused, energetic, enthusiastic and highly professional. The role is a key linchpin between all departments at the venue.
- Maximise all conference and events opportunities.
- Review business and identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the venue stays ahead in the local market
- Research, plan and implement an annual sales plan to generate events, wedding and private dining business to exceed the annual budget. Manage the budget within the limits set.
- Prepare the weekly forecast document to highlight opportunities & risk in delivery to budget.
- Lead business development through researching and developing a pipeline of key targets and ensure that it is maintained. Lead the process of responding to and managing venue enquires and pro-actively cultivating new sales leads.
- Stay abreast of competitor activity and react as required to stay ahead of the market. Work with all departments to develop new products as the market demands. To conduct pricing analyses and recommend on pricing structures and strategies.
- Manage and implement social media strategy and its web presence.
- Plan and attend trade events, exhibitions and industry meetings in conjunction with the sales plan. To organise and attend familiarisation trips as required
For further information and to apply for the role, please visit the venue website.
- Green shoots of recovery cultivate job opportunities at The Botanics
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art’s Modern Two to reopen with landmark show
- Welcome back to National Museums Scotland
- Welcome back to Edinburgh Castle
- After Hours summer events return to Edinburgh Zoo
- Grounds at Hopetoun House to reopen