Giant Lanterns Return to Edinburgh Zoo
A legendary night awaits …
The Giant Lanterns of China return to Edinburgh Zoo this winter. Join us for a new and exciting adventure as Scottish myths, ancient Chinese legends and incredible creatures come to life.
Escape into a world of folktales and fantasy with over 450 beautifully crafted lanterns lighting a magical trail through the Zoo. For 50 legendary nights between 16 November 2018 and 17 February 2019, the Zoo will be home to unicorns, giants, kelpies and even the Loch Ness Monster, alongside animals past and present.
This unique and special event also includes handmade crafts from Chinese artisans in our festive marketplace and seasonal hot drinks and snacks to keep you warm.
For further information and to book tickets, please visit the venue website.
Planning an event?
With over 80 acres to explore, Edinburgh Zoo can offer a special corporate event or function to remember, out-with normal opening hours. From staff BBQ’s to family corporate days and Weddings, the Zoo appeals to all. Start your enquiry here.
- Bethany Christian Trust Hosts Big Day Out at Winton Castle
- A Creative Christmas at Dovecot
- Scotch Whisky Experience launches new ‘Tasting Tales’ package
- Opera Evening at Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- September wedding open day at The Botanics
- Dinomite new residents at Edinburgh Zoo this winter