Giant Lanterns of China at Edinburgh Zoo
A magical trail awaits…
This winter, RZSS Edinburgh Zoo will be home to The Giant Lanterns of China, an installation of over 450 dazzling giant lanterns that will illuminate the Zoo for 50 awe-inspiring nights.
Be wowed by Chinese performers, enjoy wintery hot drinks and snacks and shop in the Christmas marketplace featuring hand-made crafts from Chinese artisans.
The partnership to create the lanterns stems from a long standing relationship between RZSS and Sichuan, the birth place of Edinburgh Zoo’s giant pandas.
Tickets for the Lantern Festival are now on sale for dates 1 December 2017 through 25 February 2018.
- Green shoots of recovery cultivate job opportunities at The Botanics
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art’s Modern Two to reopen with landmark show
- Welcome back to National Museums Scotland
- Welcome back to Edinburgh Castle
- After Hours summer events return to Edinburgh Zoo
- Grounds at Hopetoun House to reopen