Getting into the spirit for Chinese New Year
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is getting set to welcome in the Chinese New Year with a traditional dram.
In China, each year is attributed to an animal from the 12 year cycles of the Chinese Zodiac. This week, one in six people across the world will count down to midnight to see in the Year of the Pig, which begins on Tuesday 5 February.
To mark the occasion, the Kaleidoscope Whisky Bar at the Society’s 28 Queen Street venue will be taking on a Chinese inspired look from Saturday 26 January to Tuesday 5 February.
During the festivities, any guest who shows a copy of the Society’s Chinese New Year promotion in The List magazine will receive a traditional Chinese red envelope containing a special Society gift.
Red envelopes are traditionally exchanged in China between family and friends as an expression of good luck and affection. At 28 Queen Street, lucky drinkers could receive anything from a free Society membership, a bottle of SMWS single cask, single malt whisky or one of our Single Cask Spirit bottlings, tasting glasses, free drams, Dining Room voucher, pen, mug, notebook or lapel badge.
Xīn Nián Kuài Lè! / 新年快乐! / Happy New Year of the Pig!
- Llamas are Looking for Love at Dundas Castle
- New General Manager, Linkon Axon, Brings Royal Expectations to Winton Castle
- Old Curiosity Gin Tour at Real Mary King’s Close
- Royal College of Physician’s Winter Wedding Packages
- Riddle’s Court Special Offer for Room Hire in June
- Award Win for Fi Morley, General Manager of The Hub