New Exhibition at Dovecot Studios
Dovecot Studios is extremely excited to announce its next exhibition, May Morris: Art & Life.
This exhibition, opening at the end November, explores the life and work of May Morris, the daughter of William Morris and one of the most significant artists of the British Arts and Crafts movement .
The exhibit tells the story of May Morris, who at the age of 23, took charge of the Morris & Co. embroidery department and was responsible for creating some of the company’s most iconic textiles and wallpaper designs.
Featuring outstanding embroidery and designs by Morris, as well as artefacts and objects from her life including her notebooks, jewellery, and clothing, this is a chance to learn about one of the key female forces behind the Arts and Crafts Movement.
Tickets for the May Morris Preview event on 26 November are on sale now, tickets include complimentary tea or coffee.
Planning your own event or exhibition? Dovecot Studios is a vibrant and contemporary arts hub, combining an internationally renowned working tapestry studio, state of the art exhibition galleries and imaginative event spaces. To make an enquiry, please get in touch via our online form.
- Bethany Christian Trust Hosts Big Day Out at Winton Castle
- A Creative Christmas at Dovecot
- Scotch Whisky Experience launches new ‘Tasting Tales’ package
- Opera Evening at Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- September wedding open day at The Botanics
- Dinomite new residents at Edinburgh Zoo this winter