Doors Open Day at Dovecot Studios
This year, the venue will celebrating The Year of Young People, highlighting Dovecot’s long and varied history as an integral part of Edinburgh’s cultural landscape.
The site of the building dates back to a medieval hospital which inspired the street names in the surrounding area, although it is best known for its use in recent history as a Victorian swimming baths. The baths were converted in 2008 to house the Dovecot Tapestry Studio and Gallery that stand today. Dovecot is a multi-generational attraction and it’s Apprenticeship programme is aimed at people of all ages and skill levels. Dovecot has always been about passing on traditional knowledge and skills to the next generation.
Doors Open Day attendees will be able to attend the exhibition LIBERTY Art Fabrics & Fashion with a 50% discount on Adult Tickets and under 16’s are FREE. There will also be a selection of tours throughout the day, these will be on a first come, first served basis.
For more information, please visit the website. Doors open day at Dovecot takes place on Saturday 29 September, 1030 – 1730
- Indulge Yourselves in an Afternoon Tea at Newbattle Abbey
- Dundas Castle Winter Wedding Discount
- Lucas Ice Cream Family Day at Musselburgh Racecourse
- Llamas are Looking for Love at Dundas Castle
- New General Manager, Linkon Axon, Brings Royal Expectations to Winton Castle
- Old Curiosity Gin Tour at Real Mary King’s Close