A Life in Pattern at Dovecot Studios
Dovecot Studios‘ Orla Kiely A Life in Pattern exhibition tickets are are now available to purchase. Opening on Thursday 7 Feb, this exhibition explores why the rhythms and repeats of her designs have such wide and enduring appeal.
About the exhibit
Popular designer Orla Kiely is celebrated for her plant based patterns that pack a powerful graphic punch on everyday life. Her flat graphic style and choice of colour palette have chimed with recent nostalgia for vintage style and interiors, this exhibition explores why the rhythms and repeats of her designs have such wide and enduring appeal. With unique access to the company archives, the exhibition offers a privileged insight into the designer’s world. Re-visiting the work of other twentieth century luminaries in pattern design, this exhibition explores the story of pattern and how some designs can come to epitomise the style of their time.
About the venue
Situated in the heart of Edinburgh, Dovecot Studios is a vibrant and contemporary arts hub housed in recently refurbished grand Victorian Baths. The venue combines an internationally renowned working tapestry studio, state of the art exhibition galleries, and imaginative event and meeting spaces.
- Llamas are Looking for Love at Dundas Castle
- New General Manager, Linkon Axon, Brings Royal Expectations to Winton Castle
- Old Curiosity Gin Tour at Real Mary King’s Close
- Royal College of Physician’s Winter Wedding Packages
- Riddle’s Court Special Offer for Room Hire in June
- Award Win for Fi Morley, General Manager of The Hub