New model shows Edinburgh Castle in all its 3D glory
Historic Environment Scotland is offering a great way to appreciate the scale and magnificence of Edinburgh Castle, by creating a 3D model of Scotland’s iconic fortress.
Led by HES’s Digital Innovation and Digital Documentation Teams based at the Engine Shed in Stirling and working with Interpretation colleagues the 3D model has been populated with information giving the virtual visitor an immersive digital tour of the Castle and gives the chance to explore hidden parts of the castle.
The model was created using laser scan data captured as part of the Rae project which aims to accurately digitally document over 300 heritage sites and collections in HES’ care. These digital innovations are crucial in helping to understand, conserve and tell the stories of our historic sites.
View and explore the 3D model of unique venue Edinburgh Castle here.
- Green shoots of recovery cultivate job opportunities at The Botanics
- Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art’s Modern Two to reopen with landmark show
- Welcome back to National Museums Scotland
- Welcome back to Edinburgh Castle
- After Hours summer events return to Edinburgh Zoo
- Grounds at Hopetoun House to reopen