ASSEMBLY ROOMS INVITES THE PUBLIC TO JOIN THE COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS
The public are invited to discover the hidden heritage of Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms on Monday (14 December) as the historic George Street venue joins the capital’s 24 Doors of Advent celebration.
Day 14 of Edinburgh’s real-life advent calendar adventure will invite visitors into a world of captivating history, with highlights including the splendid sights of the 18th century ballroom and impressive acoustics of the A-listed building’s Music Hall.
From 11am-4pm on Monday, visitors to the Assembly Rooms will be welcome to peek inside the building. Assembly Rooms staff will also host a series of tours which will tell the story of the Assembly Rooms’ unique heritage, while showcasing the beautiful chandeliers, painstakingly restored Coade stone statues and ornate plasterwork which make the setting so unique.
Guided tours at Assembly Rooms will run at 12.00pm, 1.00pm and 3.00pm. For more information visit www.AssemblyRoomsEdinburgh.co.uk
- Informal Weddings at Winton Castle
- Assembly Rooms Announces Alternative Peers Ball
- A Creative Christmas Party at Winton Castle
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society wins AA Restaurant of the Year Scotland
- Christmas and Seasonal Bookings at Edinburgh Zoo
- Experience the magic of Edinburgh’s Festive Season at the Signet Library.