Ask the Expert Event Specialist at Dovecot Studios
Every two months, we ask the experts at UVE venues to share their events secrets. This month’s tips are Leigh Ward, event coordinator at Dovecot Studios
- Communication: It is important to hold effective and efficient communication with the client on the run up and throughout the event. Ensure the client knows how to contact you and don’t be scared to send them reminders for dietary requirements or update on attendee’s numbers; they’ll thank you in the long run.
- It is important to not only have great communication with your client, but to really understand how they want the event to work. Only you know how the venue works best for the flow of corporate events, and only the client knows what they want from the event and what will make it a success for them. Connecting both parts is vital to excel expectations.
- Finally, as a small venue and an events team of two we find it so much easier to meet clients in person were possible. Building rapport is always easier face to face and it is the best form of communication and understanding. Of course, finish every meeting with a follow-up email to secure the details and answer any pending questions.
- Case Study: A Wonderful Winter Wedding at Winton Castle
- 20 years of the Hub: A chat with Benjamin Tindall
- Thrills and Spills at Winton Castle Cylocross Event
- Round-up: January Wedding Open Days in Edinburgh
- An Afternoon of Dazzling ‘Diamonds & Darjeeling’ at Winton Castle
- Case Study: A unique media launch venue