Ask the expert: Alistair Gow, Head Chef at Edinburgh Zoo offers his top event tips
Every two months, we ask the experts at UVE venues to share their events secrets. This month’s tips are from Alistair Gow, Head Chef with the Compass Group at Edinburgh Zoo. Alistair was Compass Group’s Scottish Chef of the year in 2012 and 2013, so knows a thing or two about what makes a great event.
Alistair’s top tips are as follows:
1. Plan Ahead!
Make sure everything has been thought of in advance of the event, communication is a key factor for the whole team.
2. Stand out!
Think about factors that will make you stand out from others. You can do this by the choice of venue, and my favourite – the food. Do something a bit more interesting, such as live cooking from Chefs, a summer BBQ instead of a buffet, and themed cocktails.
Meet with your team afterwards to see what went well and what didn’t quite go to plan. This will help when planning any future events and also gives them the chance to voice their opinions and have their input – After all it’s a team effort!
If you’d like Alistair and his team to work their magic for your next unique event, make an enquiry with Edinburgh Zoo.
- Informal Weddings at Winton Castle
- Assembly Rooms Announces Alternative Peers Ball
- A Creative Christmas Party at Winton Castle
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society wins AA Restaurant of the Year Scotland
- Christmas and Seasonal Bookings at Edinburgh Zoo
- Experience the magic of Edinburgh’s Festive Season at the Signet Library.