230 YEARS OF ENTERTAINING EDINBURGH
2017 is a year of celebration for Assembly Rooms Edinburgh as the landmark city centre venue reaches its 230th anniversary.
It was 1781 when a competition was launched to design new Assembly Rooms for Edinburgh’s New Town, that itself celebrates its 250th Anniversary in 2017. Architect John Henderson was selected as winner of the competition and in 1783 the foundations of his revised designs were laid.
Assembly Rooms Edinburgh officially opened in January 1787. Since then the building has evolved with the times, with major extensions, renovations and technology advances, but has always retained its impressive Georgian grandeur and hospitality.
It is estimated that over 30 million staff, clients, partners, contributors and guests have played their part in Assembly Rooms’ 230 year history, cementing the venue’s status as an Edinburgh icon.
The team at Assembly Rooms will be hosting a series of special celebrations throughout the anniversary year, keep an eye on www.assemblyroomsedinburgh.co.uk for more details.
- Mother’s Day Cocktails at Kaleidoscope Bar
- Memories with mum on the Royal Mile
- Corporate Event Planning in Edinburgh – Top tips from Mansfield Traquair
- The Signet Library launches university graduation ball offering
- Blog: Valentines Day at Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Complimentary Networking Session at The Hub