Spotlight on Mark Alston, Executive Chef at The Royal Yacht Britannia
As Executive Chef at The Royal Yacht Britannia, Mark Alston is rapidly gaining a reputation as one of Scotland’s most talented chefs. Trained at the Mandarin Oriental in London and latterly at Dalmahoy under the award-winning Chef Alan Matthew, Mark joined Britannia in 2008 as Executive Sous Chef.
Mark demands unfaltering perfection from his in-house team aboard the Royal Yacht, maintaining the same high standards today that were present when she was in service. Everything is made on board in the original Royal Galley and Mark is passionate about using only the freshest, local, seasonal produce wherever possible. Alongside the Fine Dining team, this ensures guests enjoy an exceptional culinary experience.
- Sketch Behind-the-Scenes at Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms this spring
- Two special wedding packages at the Royal College of Physicians
- Ask the expert: Assembly Rooms
- A Christmas Wedding at Winton Castle
- Plans unveiled for new luxury floating hotel in Edinburgh
- The Scotch Whisky Experience strengthens marketing team