Spotlight On Jonathan Brown
Jonathan is responsible for the management of event, venue hire and travel trade business development for the National Galleries of Scotland.
However he fell into the events and hospitality industry quite by accident, having started his career as a nuclear engineer. But after four years of making Homer Simpson look like a genius he thought it best to try his hand elsewhere, with more personal interaction and far less diesel oil! Since then he has managed to secure positions at Stobo Castle Health Spa and Edinburgh Castle in several roles spanning hotel reservations, marketing, managing a stewarding team and event management. This has also resulted in some phenomenal experiences working on the Olympic Torch Relay, music concerts and even a little television appearance with Jedward.
He returned to university when at Edinburgh Castle to study with the Moffat Centre at Glasgow Caledonian University. Despite having no social life for two years, managed to emerge with an MSc International Tourism Enterprise and Heritage.
When he is not trying to convince people that art makes the best backdrop for events, he enjoys playing football, snowboarding and straightening his hair!
- Unique Meeting Rooms in Edinburgh
- National Museum of Scotland Goes Live with Google Arts & Culture
- Scottish Dining Experiences at Mansfield Traquair
- Special Menu Offer at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Preparing for the summer season at The Botanics
- Signet Library Launches its Spring/Summer Canapé and Drinks Collection