Scotland’s Yuletide Past Returns to The Real Mary King’s Close
This December, guests can step beneath the historic Royal Mile and uncover a darker side to the festive season, with the return of Scotland’s Yuletide Past tours at The Real Mary King’s Close.
Join a Victorian tour guide and travel back in time, through the narrow closes and delve into the traditions of winters past. From the myths of festive faeries and spirits to how Christmas celebrations evolved into the cherished traditions of today, this tour offers a unique insight into how Scots celebrated (or perhaps didn’t celebrate) the festive time of year.
Scotland’s Yuletide Past will run nightly at 5:15pm from the 18th to the 22nd of December, tickets are priced at £15.95 for adults and £13.95 for concessions. Tickets include a pre-tour mulled wine and mince pie in the seasonally dressed Mary King’s Coffee House.
Advance booking is recommended, and can be done online at the venue website. Keep an eye on our ‘What’s On’ page for more exciting updates*.
*The Real Mary King’s Close will be open throughout the Christmas period, closing only on Christmas Day.
- Taste of Scotland Mother’s Day Menu
- Blog: Winton Castle’s common sense approach to sustainability
- Mother’s Day Cocktails at Kaleidoscope Bar
- Memories with mum on the Royal Mile
- Corporate Event Planning in Edinburgh – Top tips from Mansfield Traquair
- The Signet Library launches university graduation ball offering