SCOTCH MALT WHISKY SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP MAKES A DRAM FINE CHRISTMAS GIFT
Looking for a Christmas present for an adventurous whisky fan with a difference? The Scotch Malt Whisky Society has launched a new range of membership packages which can be tailored with optional extras.
The Society is the world’s leading whisky club with a community of more than 26,000 malt-loving members around the world. The club, which was started by a group of friends in Edinburgh in 1983, specialises in single cask whisky and takes a unique approach to whisky by celebrating the flavours in the bottle through 12 unique flavour profiles.
The core annual membership of the Society costs £65 and provides whisky lovers with an array of benefits including: exclusive access to Society whiskies and other spirits; entry to the Society’s Members’ Rooms in Edinburgh and London; members’ rates for SMWS tasting events; discounted dram prices at SMWS partner bars; free subscription to Unfiltered, its award-winning members’ magazine; and savings on postage and packaging.
New range of membership packages
In time for Christmas, the Society has introduced a range of new membership packages, which allow buyers to build on the core annual membership (£65) with tailored optional extras to suit the preferences of the whisky lover in their life.
The new membership packages are:
- Pioneer (£130): the most popular option – core annual membership PLUS a beautiful welcome pack containing three 10cl sample bottles, a £15 e-voucher, SMWS journal and club lapel badge
- Champion (£110): core annual membership PLUS a specially selected bottle of the moment
- Explorer (£90): core annual membership PLUS a Taster Pack containing five 25ml samples of Society whiskies from its 12 flavour profiles
- High Flyer (£80) core annual membership PLUS a three-dram tasting flight for one person at the Society’s Kaleidoscope bars in London or Edinburgh
- Sharer (£125): core annual membership PLUS two tasting vouchers (each worth £32) redeemable at any of the Society’s partner bars and events around the UK, and its Kaleidoscope bars in London and Edinburgh
The gift that keeps on giving…To buy a membership of The Scotch Malt Whisky Society as a gift this Christmas, visit the SMWS website.
- Taste of Scotland Mother’s Day Menu
- Blog: Winton Castle’s common sense approach to sustainability
- Mother’s Day Cocktails at Kaleidoscope Bar
- Memories with mum on the Royal Mile
- Corporate Event Planning in Edinburgh – Top tips from Mansfield Traquair
- The Signet Library launches university graduation ball offering