Missing Downton? Live like Lady Mary at Dundas Castle
As Downton Abbey draws to a close, luxury venue, Dundas Castle has launched its own Downton Experience for bereft fans.
Whether guest want to live like a lord, cook like Mrs Patmore or just learn how things were done in times gone by, the Downton Experience gives Castle guests firsthand experience of life in a grand house. As an exclusive use destination with 17 gorgeous bedrooms, the Downton Experience can be booked for a group including overnight stays, or as a daytime experience for 2 to 20 people.
Tailored to individual requirements, the package features downstairs activities including: learning how to make a bed like a housemaid; cooking with owner Sir Jack Stewart Clark’s private chef; and polishing the shoes or silver. Upstairs is much more sumptuous and guests can choose to live like a lord, enjoying: meals served by the staff in the stylish Croquet Room where the Stewart-Clark family dines; shooting tuition on the estate with a the Game Keeper; a private tour of the house with full details of life at Dundas; or just living the life of a lord or lady in the comfort and surroundings of one of Scotland’s finest stately homes.
The Downton Experience starts from £2,500 for a day and can be tailored and extended to include overnight stays for groups and families according to their favourite Downton episode or event.
- National Museum of Scotland Goes Live with Google Arts & Culture
- Scottish Dining Experiences at Mansfield Traquair
- Special Menu Offer at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Preparing for the summer season at The Botanics
- Signet Library Launches its Spring/Summer Canapé and Drinks Collection
- New Conference Centre takes shape at Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh