Explore gallery at National Museum Scotland
National Museums Scotland welcomed the opening of ten new galleries at the National Museum of Scotland in July 2016. The museum installed over 3000 objects into four galleries of decorative art, fashion and design and six galleries of science and technology.
The ten new galleries represent the next phase of the ambitious £80 million Masterplan to transform the National Museum of Scotland. They have been completed in the 150th anniversary year of the Victorian building, which first opened in 1866. The new displays will champion excellence and innovation, offering an inspirational experience for visitors.
The Explore gallery, a unique space featuring interactive exhibits, amazing feats of Scottish engineering and famous faces like Dolly the sheep, is a great space for a private view and drinks reception. Whether as part of a larger dinner or an evening in itself, the Explore gallery is a great way to wow your guests as they discover the best of Scotland’s ingenuity.
For more details please contact the Hospitality and Events team at the National Museum of Scotland on 0131 247 4113 or email@example.com.
- Sketch Behind-the-Scenes at Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms this spring
- Two special wedding packages at the Royal College of Physicians
- Ask the expert: Assembly Rooms
- A Christmas Wedding at Winton Castle
- Plans unveiled for new luxury floating hotel in Edinburgh
- The Scotch Whisky Experience strengthens marketing team