Dazzle Jewllery at Dovecot
Dazzle Jewllery returns to Dovecot for the fifth time, and thirty-third year as part of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Featured this year are designers new to Dazzle in Edinburgh including Karolina Baines, Lynne Maclachlan, Morna Darling and Stacey Bentley who all have connections with Scotland. One designer to watch is Dublin based trained musician Genevieve Howard. A statement neckpiece by her, in this selling jewellery exhibition at Dovecot, is inspired by the musical notation of the old Irish air, Song of the Chanter. The shapes are a graphical representation of the musical score and the piece is made of laser cut Japanese linen card.
Dazzle’s selection of some of Europe’s leading contemporary jewellers will be supplemented by an exhibition of photography exploring the city of Edinburgh by Lynn and Paul Henni and the sumptuous silk scarves of Ekta Kaul.
The exhibition is open 5 to 29 August, seven days a week from 10am to 6pm.
- Sketch Behind-the-Scenes at Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms this spring
- Two special wedding packages at the Royal College of Physicians
- Ask the expert: Assembly Rooms
- A Christmas Wedding at Winton Castle
- Plans unveiled for new luxury floating hotel in Edinburgh
- The Scotch Whisky Experience strengthens marketing team