Ask The Expert
Every two months, we ask the experts at UVE venues to share their events secrets. This month’s tips are from fay Angus-Knowles, General Manager at one of the newest venues to join Unique Venues of Edinburgh Gilmerton House. fay has worked in hospitality for over 15 years, specialising in events within heritage style properties and she gives us some top tips to bear in mind when managing clients.
For a seamless event from start to finish Fay recommends:
- Create an event plan in conjunction with your client ensuring attention to detail on all points from start to finish. Listen carefully to your clients requirements.
- Keep in regular contact with your client throughout the planning and run up to the event to ensure you are meeting their every need and delivering an event that exceeds their expectations.
- Ensure that your team provide a friendly and attentive service throughout the event anticipating client’s needs. Being flexible and attentive is the key to success.
- And finally, have fun; the events industry is fun!
- Sketch Behind-the-Scenes at Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms this spring
- Two special wedding packages at the Royal College of Physicians
- Ask the expert: Assembly Rooms
- A Christmas Wedding at Winton Castle
- Plans unveiled for new luxury floating hotel in Edinburgh
- The Scotch Whisky Experience strengthens marketing team